Want to Join the Y Circus Family?
You don't have to run away to join the circus! (Well, at least not the Great Y Circus!) Program registration opens during the last week of August for our regular season, which runs from September through April. Every May, we hold our annual performances right here at the Redlands YMCA in Coble Gym!
Registration for the 2014-2015 Circus season is now closed. Our Summer Circus session will begin in early June with information coming out in April. Please check back in April for the latest registration information. We apologize for any inconveniences..
For more information contact:
Tanner Greenhalgh email@example.com
(909) 798-9622 ext. 205.
Sarah McNay Carver-Steil firstname.lastname@example.org
(909) 798-9655 ext. 217
The Circus program is largely dependent on volunteers, so if you are interested in volunteering your time, we would welcome your participation! Each year, we need the following volunteer positions:
(needed from September through May):
- Head Trainers and Assistant Trainers teach classes to circus program participants, take attendance at every class, set up and tear down equipment needed for their class(es), and are required to attend monthly Trainers Meetings.
- Facilitators work year-round to assist Trainers by guiding and helping the performers as they learn new skills, tricks and routines.
- Spotters are needed all season to help ensure the safety of the performers, especially aerialists, by standing beneath them and observing the contact points between the performers and the equipment.
- Act Parents help organize the activities for a particular act, make phone calls, take measurements for costumes, and so forth.
(needed approximately from mid-April through May):
- Ticket Sales begin in April. Help sell tickets a couple nights a week while your kids rehearse.
- Parent Patrol volunteers keep an eye on performers as they wait to perform during rehearsals and shows.
- Rousts help during run-throughs, rehearsals and shows by setting the equipment for each act.
- Spotlight Operators help during rehearsals and shows by operating the spotlights for each act.
- Stage Managers keep backstage running smoothly during show time by managing the communications between the production crew, the director and the performers.
- Ushers direct audience members to their seats during show time.
- Merchandise Sales volunteers sell circus merchandise during during shows.
- Concessions are sold during show. Volunteers help run the concession stand by preparing and retrieving refreshments as they are ordered.
For more information about training or assisting with circus classes, contact Tanner Greenhalgh at